Friday, October 5, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Challenge - Tag You're It!


My friend and fellow writer, Cherie Colyer http://cheriecolyer.blogspot.com, tagged me in the Next Big Thing Blog Challenge. The rules are simple:

I must answer 10 questions about my current work-in-progress. Then I tag other writers (up to 5) and link their blogs so readers can hop over and read their answers.

Here are the questions:

1.  What is the working title of your book?
2.  Where did the idea come from for the book?
3.  What genre does your book fall under?
4.  Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
5.  What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
6.  Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7.  How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
8.  What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
9.  Who or what inspired you to write this book?
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

And here are my answers.

1. The title of my WIP is: On The Brink

2. This book will be the sequel to my historical fiction novel, Merely Dee. Originally, I'd written this book as a stand-alone, but readers pressed for answers to the love triangle. Which man does Dee Pageau choose--Karel Koznecki or Lars Nielsen? So I guess I have to say that you, my dear friends and readers, gave me the idea for the sequel.

3. On The Brink is Young Adult/Adult Historical Fiction

4. Check out the cast below. What do you think? Any other suggestions for the main characters?

5. As Dee Pageau wrestles with the desires of her heart, her life becomes complicated by new responsibilities, new friends, and new experiences.
 
6. I'm going to try for an agent with this book.
 
7. I don't know how long it will take to write the novel, but I'll work as hard and fast as possible. Please hang in there and don't lose faith. The sequel is coming.
 
8. I'll get back to you on this one.
 
9. My grandmother's story inspired me to write these two novels. (For those of you who don't know the tale, Grandma Manseau had a ticket to the 1915 Western Electric Employee Picnic. The night before the big event, Great Grandma Savageau had a premonition of danger and begged my grandma to remain at home. Grandma Manseau listened to her mother and didn't go to the picnic, thus avoiding the terrible tragedy of the SS Eastland.) 
 
10. Dee's world will expand as she explores the wonders and horrors of 1915/1916 Chicago. There'll be encounters with now-famous people and visits to historic landmarks.  
 
Now it's my turn to reciprocate. Tag you're it:
Terry Flamm
http://brokenheartedtoy.blogspot.com
Susan Kaye Quinn  www.susankayequinn.com
Terri Murphy  www.terrimurphyart.com


Hailee Steinfeld as Dee Pagaeu
 
Ashley Judd as Momma



 Holland Roden as Dolly
 
 
 

Andrew Garfield as Karel
 
 

Kellan Lutz as Lars
 
 

Elizabeth Olsen as Mae


 
Thanks for visiting today, and I hope you find time to check out the blogs of my three amazing friends.  


1 comment:

Cherie Colyer said...

Hi Marian! Great choices on the cast, and love the title to the sequel. I'm looking forward to learning who Dee chooses.

Thanks for participating in the challenge.